Wilson P. Higgsbury
|Nickname||The Gentleman Scientist|
|Motto||"I will conquer it all with the power of my MIND!"|
|Perk||Grows a Magnificent Beard|
Wilson P. Higgsbury is the Gentleman Scientist. He is the first and main playable character in Don't Starve. He is an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a supposed demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world in which he must survive and, most importantly, not starve to death. As the game progresses, he grows a Beard which can be shaved by a Razor and used to make Meat Effigies. The Beard also gives Wilson some protection from freezing during Winter depending on its size.
With the introduction of the Insanity update, Wilson is no longer the only character that can build Meat Effigies, but he still has a distinct advantage as he remains the only character to grow a Beard.
Wilson's beard has three stages of growth:
- Stage 1: Requires four days to grow, the minimum amount of time required to get any hair from shaving. At this stage, shaving gives you only one Beard Hair.
- Stage 2: Requires eight days to grow from no beard. At this stage, shaving gives you three Beard Hair.
- Stage 3: Requires sixteen days to grow from no beard. This is the final stage of growth, and the beard will no longer grow after day sixteen. At this stage, shaving gives you nine Beard Hair.
The beard can be shaved off using a Razor after its fourth day of growth.
Wilson used to live on a rickety wooden house in the mountains, doing experiments all day. These experiments tended to fail and Wilson was rather depressed about the whole thing. Then suddenly he heard a mysterious voice coming from his radio (Maxwell ). This voice offered Wilson forbidden knowledge and Wilson agreed, which caused huge amounts of information to be inserted into his head.
So he started building a mysterious machine with the knowledge given to him. When the machine was finished, he pulled the switch and the machine started moving. It was shockingly revealed to him that the machine was actually some kind of demonic trap and it was a part of Maxwell's evil plan all along. Then suddenly demonic hands appeared from the floor and pulled Wilson into the mysterious wilderness world in which Don't Starve takes place.
- Wilson's full name is Wilson Percival Higgsbury.
- Wilson's voice is sounded by a trumpet, explained as a "Harmon muted trumpet (mixed with some cup muted trumpet as well)".